Notes of a Knitter with huge dreams

1.27.2003

I started a pillow for my friend last week and I finished one side last night. It was a simple seed stitch and it was completely ugly when I started but now it looks nice. The pattern is easily recognizable where before it looked like I was making horrible mistakes. Instead of the other side of the pillow looking like the first I have decided to try cabling. So when its complete it will look weird but I'm fine with that.

I got my labels!!! They are too wonderful. Now all I have to do is get all my old projects back to sew them inside- and of course I am horrible at sewing! I traded a label with my grandma who knits for a co-op in Alaska- (Awwww). Now, my stuff will have my name on it for everyone to see!

Knitting has really helped my nails to grow. I have no time to bite them or my cuticles and now my hands look more womanly. I can't wait for my knitting guild packet to arrive. I was thinking last night that when I receive the packet and I take the test and become an "Advanced Beginner" that I have no one to share that with. Who else cares? What does that mean to anyone else but me? I'm still excited. I will feel accomplished. If you want to share my knitting joys with me= e-mail me

Oh, and for the first time ever I checked my gauge and I am completely off. So I guess that is something that I really need to work on. But as long as everything turns out fine who cares? I have decided that next month I am getting a digital camera!!!! So I can post my pictures online and I can share my patterns with other knit wits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home