Notes of a Knitter with huge dreams

1.23.2003

I bought Pretty Knitting off Amazon.com and I am returning it. There was nothing pretty inside that book. I went through all the books that I own and made a short list of things I'd like to make and for once I found some things I could see myself keeping. I have personal issues with keeping my knitting, instead I give it away to friends. It's not that I think they'll like it, I just can't stand seeing it anymore after it took hours and hours to make. I also can get a little picky with my work. Do others see mistakes or and I the only one that messes up and can't drop it. The places where I either dropped a stitch or fixed a stitch stare at me when I am smoothing out my work. And when I am done and I lay it on my bed I can see that small bump or area from across the room.

I work with a 17 year old girl who I taught to knit. She refused to listen to directions and got all frustrated so fast, and now she picks up the needles whenever she gets bored. Well, the other week she told me she would never knit in public cause she couldn't imagine other people seeing her "looking like an old lady". I told her I knitted every time I am in a waiting room or any other place that people can see me and she was amazed. After that I regretted teaching her.

Right now I am making a pillow for a friend. I am doing a simple seed stitch on one side and I plan on doing a cable pattern on the other. I have never cabled before and I need to learn so I can pass that Nazi guild test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home